We Bring Valuable Experience and Knowledge
A.G. Layne is a third generation, family-owned chemical distributor. We’ve been around since 1964, combining our many years of knowledge and experience with the energy and vitality of a start-up company.
Looking beyond the industry challenges of regulation and aging concepts, A.G. Layne sees opportunity for innovation and growth.
Our value prosposition is clear and simple. We’re here to build relationships with each of our customers while meeting their needs. It also means establishing a safe, competitively priced, and reliable supply chain.
Building on a Solid Foundation
In 1964, Shell Oil Company launched a company to distribute their quality fuels, lubricants, and solvents. After a few years, Alton G. Layne, a Shell employee, bought the business from Shell.
From then on, the name A.G. Layne became synonymous with a trusted family-owned business dedicated to serving major industrial markets. Today, we continue this tradition as a top-rated regional distributor in the Pacific Southwest known for reliability and customer relationships.
We Focus On Teamwork for Success
One of the true strengths of A.G. Layne is our team. From top to bottom, we’re committed to employee retention, longevity and growth. In fact, the average A.G. Layne employee has been with our company over eleven years while some team members have been here for over 38 years.
As our company grows, our team of close-knit professionals grows to fill new positions and leadership roles with the valuable understanding of the importance of what they do. Above all, our team knows how to perform their duties safely, correctly and respectfully with ongoing attention to communication skills and team building activities.
This consistent awareness to the work ethic is important because we are in the hazardous chemicals industry. The A.G. Layne team understands this is a big responsibility. While our ingredients are vital for everyday life in modern society, they come with hazards that need to be mitigated and dealt with properly.
Job #1: Meeting Our Customers’ Needs
With over 50 years in the distribution business, A.G. Layne has never let up on working to maintain our customer relationships. We partner with your company by providing just what you need to succeed in your business. Our philosophy is three-fold:
- Offer the Best Price – Through our world-class supplier relationships and low overhead, A.G. Layne is well positioned to aid your company’s bottom line.
- Deliver Efficient and Reliable Service – When contacting our family-owned enterprise, you are piped in directly to a decision maker who is able to answer your questions quickly and accurately with full knowledge of our costs and available inventory. Whether you contact us via text email or phone, you are sure to get the answers you need.
- Rely on Safe Delivery of High Quality Products – At A.G. Layne, we work with world-class chemical producers and suppliers so we know our products are of the highest quality. Plus, we operate our own truck fleet of packaged trucks and tankers for delivery you can count upon. For maximum safety, our chemical handlers and truck drivers are trained on a regular basis.
What’s more, A.G. Layne inspectors subject all inbound bulk materials to rigorous inspections and quality controls. We provide Certificates of Analysis and Safety Data Sheets upon request.
We Only Sell Specific Industrial Quantities
At A.G.Layne, we specialize in business–to-business transactions. Our role in the marketplace is to serve as a valuable intermediary between an industrial end-user and the chemical refiner or upstream bulk supplier.
The A.G. Layne customer profile reflects a business that consumes industrial quantities of the products that we provide on a regular basis as part of their industrial process or service. For example, the some of the business uses are:
• Bulk Tank Trucks
• Tote Bins or IBCs
• 55-gallon Drums
• Pallets of 5-gallon Pails or 1-gallon Bottles
For further clarification, A.G. Layne does not service:
• Retail end-users
• “Do-It-Yourself” chemists or at home formulators
• Laboratories looking for reagents or samples
A.G. Layne Commitment to Safety: It is a top priority that we ensure our chemicals end up with only vetted and well established businesses that have trained personnel who can use our materials safely and responsibly.