It is a colorless and odorless liquid that is slightly volatile.
non-HAPS, 100% VOC Exempt per SCAQMD
Silicones like Decamethylcyclopentasiloxane are commonly used in various cosmetic and personal care products for their unique properties, including their ability to provide a smooth and silky feel to the skin and hair.
Decamethylcyclopentasiloxane has many industrial uses, including:
• Personal care products: Used in skin creams, cosmetics, shampoos, deodorants, and conditioners
• Dry cleaning: Used in GreenEarth solvent and commercial dry cleaning products
• Industrial cleaning fluids: Used as a solvent
• Lubricants: Used in electronics
• Defoamer: Used in industrial applications
• Washing and cleaning products
• Laboratory chemicals
• Polishes and waxes
• Textile treatment products and dyes
Decamethylcyclopentasiloxane is a combustible liquid and must be handled with the proper Personal Protective Equipment. Please refer to the SDS for any questions or concerns.
The A.G. Layne product information that is provided herein, including technical information, specifications, recommendations, literature, and other materials is strictly to aid an A.G. Layne customer in selecting a product for their use. The accuracy or completeness of this product information is not guaranteed and is subject to change without notice. Nor is any license granted or implied under any A.G. Layne or third party intellectual property rights. The customer is solely responsible for evaluating and selecting products to determine whether each product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for customer’s use and method of application.