A colorless viscous liquid.
non-HAPS, 100% VOC Exempt per SCAQMD
Octamethylcyclotetrasiloxane itself is used as an additive to plastic and rubber products, paints, adhesives, cosmetics, food packaging, and many other product areas.
Octamethylcyclotetrasiloxane has many industrial uses, including:
• Monomer: Used in the production of silicone polymers
• Intermediate: Used in the production of silicone fluids and elastomers
• Additive: Used in plastic and rubber products, paints, adhesives, cosmetics, and food packaging
• Solvent: Used as a solvent in cosmetics, personal care products, and industrial products
• Emollient: Used as an emollient in cosmetics, hair care products, and skin care products
• Lubricant: Used as a lubricant in cosmetics, personal care products, and industrial products
Octamethylcyclotetrasiloxane is a flammable liquid and must be handled with the proper Personal Protective Equipment. Please refer to the SDS for any questions or concerns.
The A.G. Layne product information that is provided herein, including technical information, specifications, recommendations, literature, and other materials is strictly to aid an A.G. Layne customer in selecting a product for their use. The accuracy or completeness of this product information is not guaranteed and is subject to change without notice. Nor is any license granted or implied under any A.G. Layne or third party intellectual property rights. The customer is solely responsible for evaluating and selecting products to determine whether each product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for customer’s use and method of application.